As Chef of the two Michelin starred La Table de l’Alpaga and L’Onyx at the recently renovated Alpaga, Anthony draws inspiration from his Alpine surroundings to craft delicious dishes that mirror the changing seasons. As we look ahead to warmer months, he has curated a delicious recipe for a crisp Summer Salad which makes for the perfect starter or side.
1 romaine lettuce
500g Rocket salad
2 Red oak lettuce leaves
1 Bunch of chives
1 Bunch of chervil
1 Bunch of dill
1/2 Bunch of radishes
2 Orange carrots
2 Purple carrots
2 Yellow carrots
1 Yellow zucchini
1 Fennel bulb
80g Roasted pine nuts
80g Roasted einkorn
Ingredients for the vinaigrette:
45ml red wine vinegar
45ml of sherry vinegar
15g chopped shallots
4g chopped tarragon
20cl sunflower oil
10cl olive oil
1. Heat the oven and roast the pine nuts for 10 minutes at 150°C, turning twice for an even colour.
2. Wash the lettuce and salad leaves separately. Cut the radishes, carrots, zucchini and fennel into
approximately 2mm thick shavings using a mandolin. Plunge them in iced water.
3. Make the herb salad by combining the herb leaves and sprigs (keep the stems to create a delicious herb
4. Mix the vinegars with the salt until dissolved, add the mustard, then the oils, the shallots and the tarragon.
5. Drain the vegetables. In a bowl mix all the vegetable shavings, the herb salad and the roasted pine nuts
Season with the vinaigrette to your liking.
Collect the stems of herbs, mix with grapeseed oil (3 bunches of stems / 50 cl of grapeseed oil). Pass through a colander and reserve away from the light. You can use this herbal oil to season your salads.